Do you want to make a difference while gaining industry experience?
Are you compassionately qualified?
Are you interested in being part of a reputable, professional team that has a long history of providing quality to support to those in need within your community?
MASH provides a wide range of support services for people with Mental Health, Intellectual or Physical Disability or Illness, alcohol and addiction and youth respite care
These services are offered either at the residential homes we support, or people who require support in their own homes, or in the community.
MASH operates throughout the lower North Island in the Wellington, Kapiti, Horowhenua, Palmerston North and Hawkes Bay regions.
MASH Mental Health & Addiction service delivers programmes that have been developed on recovery principles that enable those with alcohol and/or drug issues to regain and develop control over their lives and establish the necessary skills that they believe are required in order to achieve this. The Mental Health & Addiction service provide various levels of care to our consumers such as; Facts and Effects, Community Support Groups, One to One, Community Programmes and Residential programmes. We believe in people and their ability to make changes.
We believe that:
- Learning & Development is a lifelong process and that all people possess the ability to learn and develop.
- Every person can have a valued role in society.
- Services must be developed to meet the needs of individuals that use them.
- The needs of people change and services need to be responsive of those changes.
As a Dual Diagnosis Support Worker you will be supporting clients by maintaining a high quality of life, a quality home environment, and encouraging full participation in all aspects of community daily life.
You will have/be:
- A willingness to work towards a National Certificate in Mental Health or Human Services which is funded by us.
- Open minded with a strong sense of boundaries, who is able to guide others through their transitions
- Hold a current full drivers licence and have reliable transport
- Wanting flexibility with hours of work and not interested in a standard nine-to-five.
- The ability to take pride in a healthy home environment – including cleaning, meal preparation and shopping.
- Eligible to work in New Zealand with a minimum of six months on Visa.
- Caring and Kind in nature with integrity that can provide support to those from all walks of life.
- Some experience working with mental health &/or addiction
- A relevant qualification or be working towards.
- The ability to work sleepovers/weekends independantly
The position available is a part time position working 32 hours per fortnight. Flexibility with shifts and the ability to work weekends is a must. There is the ability to pick up additional shifts for the right candidate.
Week 1 & 2: Saturday & Sunday 0730 - 1645.
The role is located in central Palmerston North with ample parking in one of our residential homes.
This position is available immediately for the right candidate.
What can we offer you?
- An excellent working environment
- Rewarding work
- Extensive ongoing training opportunities
First Aid Course
And other learning and development opportunities to study while working
- Excellent overtime allowances
- Career growth and advancement