Do you want to make a difference while gaining industry experience?
Are you compassionately qualified?
Are you interested in being part of a reputable, professional team that has a long history of providing quality to support to those in need within your community?
MASH provides a wide range of support services for people with Mental Health, Intellectual or Physical Disability or Illness, alcohol and addiction and youth respite care
These services are offered either at the residential homes we support, or people who require support in their own homes, or in the community.
MASH operates throughout the lower North Island in the Wellington, Kapiti, Horowhenua, Palmerston North and Hawkes Bay regions.
MASH Trust’s Physical & Intellectual Disabilities services provide 24 hour a day staffed supported accommodation, located in an urban setting. Staff are highly trained and our consumers range from 15 to 65 years of age.
We believe that:
- People with disabilities as citizens of New Zealand have the same rights to full community participation.
- Learning & Development is a lifelong process and that all people possess the ability to learn and develop.
- Every person can have a valued role in society.
- Services must be developed to meet the needs of individuals that use them.
- The needs of people change and services need to be responsive of those changes.
This is a fantastic position for a person with passion, drive and leadership. We are looking for a dynamic self-managing team player to lead passionate skilled teams. Working at MASH Trust as Team Leader in our Intellectual Disability Service you'll have team management and leadership responsibilities while overseeing the day to day running of homes in our Levin residential service.
- Demonstrated experience in managing or leading disability services
- Sound knowledge and practical experience in leading and managing a team
- Experience in implementation of new service areas
- Skilled in managing and using financial and human resources
- Ability to analyse and measure results
- Skilled in co-ordinating and in administration
- A tertiary qualification in leadership or management is an advantage
- Applicants with other health discipline or management qualifications are encouraged to apply
- A current full manual driver's licence is required
Leading and supporting teams who work in residential homes supporting people with an intellectual disability to have a great life. Leading from the front you will work alongside your teams and service managers, providing a quality focused service. Proactive and achievement driven you'll explore every opportunity and coach others to do the same. Your great communication and problem solving skills, and relevant experience along with the professionalism and integrity you naturally possess, will make you the ideal applicant.
80 hours per fortnight, Monday - Friday 0800-1700. This is a fixed term position that is available now for a period of 12 months with the potential to extend longer.
- We will ensure that you receive a thorough orientation
- Ongoing training and support,
- Working in a friendly team environment
- A competitive remuneration package and a vehicle is available
What can we offer you?
We offer you an excellent working environment, rewarding work, plenty of training in your role and ongoing support. We also have many opportunities to study while working.